Your eyelashes, just as the hair on your scalp have their own growth cycle. It's estimated the about one quarter of people don't attain the full-length of their lashes due to a few reasons.
Many lashes sustain damage from curling, makeup, cleansing, use of false lashes, and exposure to the environment. It's important to take necessary precautions to prevent his unhealthy problem before it occurs.
There are a few simple tips you can follow to keep your lashes healthy.
- Be sure to removal all makeup before going to bed. Falling asleep with mascara still on can dry out your lashes and make them extremely brittle. This can lead to unwanted breakage.
- Cleansing your lashes is a must. Just as you condition your hair, you need to treat your lashes with the same respect. Apply petroleum jelly every so often via a cotton swab or clean mascara brush will help to moisturize the hairs.
- Natural oils are another good option to improve the health and grow of your eyelashes. Castor oil and Olive oil are two of the most commonly used. These are loaded with nutrients and minerals the accelerate growth.
- Don't underestimate the power of facial massages. These will help to improve the blood flow throughout your face. Massaging the eyelids is another good practice that will ensure nutrient-rich blood reach the hair follicles to promote growth of long and strong lashes.
- Brush your lashes just as you would your hair. Be sure to be gentle as these lashes are not as strong as your regular hair. Typically the use of oils will help to promote growth while making brushing more smooth.
- Use growth serums to improve the health of your hair follicles. These can soften up brittle eyelashes and enhance their length. In addition, these will provide your lashes with nutrients that will make them more elastic and less likely to break under pressure.
- Green Tea is a hidden miracle to eyelash growth. The antioxidants present in this specific blend will improve the overall health of these tiny hair follicles. Simply brew a cup, let it cool, and apply it topically via a cotton swab.
The trick to attaining those long, dense, and beautiful lashes is having the patience to let solutions do their job. Don't force multiple different products onto the lashes as this could overcome the hair follicles and cause unwanted falling out.
Just doing a few of these routines listed above will start to improve the health of your lashes and steer you in the right direction to get the look you want.
Don't fall for those products that promise immediate results. You lashes are just like other hairs on the body, as they have natural growth cycles. You want products that work with those growth cycles. It takes time to grow hair!